2016 Preservation awards Gala
The 20th Annual OTPA Garden Party and Dinner Gala - and 30th anniversary of the creation of OTPA was a smashing success, with our largest attendance ever (200+), including not only OTPA-members and neighbors, but numerous City of Orange officials.
All of the nominees in the various categories demonstrated outstanding efforts and creativity in their restorations and rehabilitations, and we thank them for their impressive contributions to Old Towne Orange! Whether they brought home the coveted OTPA plaque or not -- they're all winners!!
Photos of Honorees Below
2016 OTPA Award winners:
- Pitcher Park Award - Mike and Bonnie Gracia and Patty Ricci
- Plaza City Award - St. John's Lutheran Church
- Special Merit Award - Jeff and Cindy Neal's Board and Batten Garage Restoration
- Spirit of Old Towne Award - Erik Skovseth - Replication of 1928 Garage
- Sweet Sweet Orange Award - Kurt and Hope Porter - 1895 Victorian Rehabilitation and Restoration
- Dale Rahn Volunteer of the Year Award - Al Ybarra
And to further OTPA's mission of continuing preservation via education, 3 Anne Siebert Memorial Scholarships were also awarded -- congratulations to the following preservation-minded scholars:
- Krista Nicholds - $5,000: Completing a graduate certificate in Heritage Conservation (2016) and a Masters in Heritage Conservation (2019); USC School of Architecture
- Carolyn Schutten - $1,000: Completing a Ph.D. in Public HIstory with Historic Preservation Speciality (2017); University of California Riverside-Dept of History
- Nicolette Rohr - $1,000: Completing a Ph.D. in Public HIstory with Historic Preservation Speciality (2017); University of California Riverside-Dept of History
Photos below by Will Hare Photography
Sweet sweet orange winner - kurt and hope porter - 1895 Victorian
plaza city award - st john's lutheran church
pitcher park award - mike and bonnie gracia
pitcher park award - patty ricci
special merit award - jeff and Cindy neal
president's choice award - watson's
Behind the Scenes Planning by the Awards Gala Committee Just Prior to the Big Event!